Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thief

Last night I did a load of laundry in the community laundry room. I had accidentally left it in the dryer over night. This morning, I went to the laundry room to retrieve my clothes. They were in a pile on the folding table. Someone dumped them there to use my dryer. I didn't think much of it. About a half hour later, in my apartment, I was folding the laundry to put away and I notice I only had 2 socks. Only 2. I swear I put at least 4 pairs of socks in the washer. Why was there only 2??

My only thoughts: Someone stole my socks.

Who steals socks? I don't know. Maybe it was the creepy older lady I saw in the laundry room as I was getting my clothes. You know, she did kind of look nervous and tense when I walked in. She even tried to say hi to me. Aren't the murderers in crimes usually the first ones to break the silence and say SOMETHING? Even if it's a hello. They can't stand the quiet hum of the dryers. It bothers them. They know they stole from that dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment